Cisco's VPN client in Fedora 7?

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 18 02:40:59 UTC 2007

>> If there are problems with the attachment, try it from here:
>>
>>   http://home.comcast.net/~marc_schwartz/vpnclient-linux-2.6.19.diff
>
> Thanks, that did the trick!

Wait a minute now, is this something other than

> rpm -qi vpnc
Name        : vpnc                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.4.0                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 2.fc7                         Build Date: Tue Mar 20
09:23:18 2007
Install Date: Sun Jun  3 11:23:18 2007      Build Host:
hammer2.fedora.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Internet         Source RPM:
vpnc-0.4.0-2.fc7.src.rpm
Size        : 143445                           License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon May 21 14:22:46 2007, Key ID b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Fedora Project <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/
Summary     : IPSec VPN client compatible with Cisco equipment
Description :
A VPN client compatible with Cisco's EasyVPN equipment.

Supports IPSec (ESP) with Mode Configuration and Xauth.  Supports only
shared-secret IPSec authentication, 3DES, MD5, and IP tunneling.

I just convinced the IT dept. from my company to grant me vpn access and
I'm supposed to get it tomorrow, and I was relying on the fact that I can
use the above vpnc rpm.

Which vpn client are you using?