Package managers gone haywire! yum, apt, rpm: pam fixed now but selinux is borked

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Jun 18 13:29:10 UTC 2007

On Monday June 18 2007 9:18:37 am Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> This sounds like  a labeling problem.  Have you tried to relabel the
> system.
>
> touch /.autorelabel
> reboot

I just started a new thread on this issue, since the packaging problems seem
to have been resolved for now. "Selinux so badly corrupted machine can't
start" -- the machine won't boot to the point where it performs the
relabel -- instead it fails to a shell and offers me the option of a reboot
or file system check. File system check passes with no problems reported
every time I run it. Reboot repeats the same cycle -- flood of errors, fail
to shell...

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD