(fedora) Re: Cisco's VPN client in Fedora 7?

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Mon Jun 18 13:29:28 UTC 2007

Alessandro Brezzi wrote on 18-JUN-2007 13:58:03.93
>2007/6/18, fredex <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>:
>>
>> I use vpnc and it works fine for me. (though I'm not using F7)
>> I like it better than Cisco's client because (among other reasons)
>> it doesn't insert a kernel module that needs to be recompiled for
>> every new kernel.
>
>Please, can you share some detail on how to configure the vpnc client for a
>CISCO router? I'm interested, because I've failed in implementing vpnc and I
>reverted back to the CISCO client + patch with some security problem (only
>root can open the connection)
The c in vpnc stands for CISCO. No special configuration (as far as I
remember) is needed. The last time I tried vpnc it did not work for me since
it crashed when the server started reencrypting (in our university after 8.5
hours). I'm using the CISCO clinet on F7 now.

                Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd