Totem on FC6

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Jun 18 14:44:52 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

> I have totem yumed to this computer but it will NOT show DVD movies it
> says because it is missing "plug ins". I have no idea what this means.
> Totem works fine with DVD movies on FC4.

If you're using the stock totem which comes with FC6 then it will not
include support for encrypted DVDs due to patent problems.

If you're happy to run patent encumbered software then you can configure
the livna repository by installing the rpm at:

http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm

..and then run

yum install totem-xine

..to install a version of totem which can play DVDs.