Movies on FC6 and maybe F7

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 23:00:14 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>    Just to make sure my memory is not flawed I logged into my Fedora
> Core 4 on another partition. I used the following applications to view
> and listen to "The Honeymooners" on DVD:
>
> MPlayer
> Totem Movie Player
> Xine Media Player
>
> These are all in Applications->Sound and Video both in FC4 and FC6.
>
>    All the applications in FC4 worked fine. All the applications in FC6
> do not work at all period.
>
>    Is it not possible to run the FC4 applications on FC6 and F7? Why
> will this not work? Is there a way to yum the FC4 applications into FC6
> and F7?

It has never been possible to play encrypted (standard) DVDs on fedora
as distributed.  There are a number of 3rd party repositories that
contain needed components that may not be legal to distribute in the US.
  Livna is the least likely of them to cause conflicts with base system
packages.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com