FC6 and updates

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Jun 18 23:33:20 UTC 2007

>     Much of the rest looks good. I seem to recall that there was a
> couple of lib files I needed to get FC4 to show movies but it was 2-3
> years ago. I still do not understand why Windows XP can show copyright
> DVD and Linux can't. I payed good money for the DVD's.

Because the people who own the DVD format (who are not that far removed
from the people who sold you the DVD) do not wish you too, and because in
answer to this the USSA government instead of giving them a good smacking
wrote laws for them which make it a criminal offence to even tell a US
citizen where to find the code to do it (US v 2600 Magazine)

Alan