Selinux so badly corrupted machine can't start

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 19 00:09:49 UTC 2007

Michael Wiktowy:
>> Couldn't you just change your grub entry to include enforcing=0 at the
>> boot menu without the Rescue CD step?

Tony Nelson:
> How would that create the file /.autorelabel?  How would you plan to edit
> grub.conf when the system won't boot due to SELinux labeling issues?

You don't have to edit the file, just add the parameters to the kernel
line through the GRUB interface.  SELinux isn't part of the equation
until after GRUB has handed off to the OS.

Booting from a rescue disc might have other advantages, though, if you
had further problems with your installation.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.