Is prelink really randomizing every two weeks?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 19 03:51:28 UTC 2007

Frank Cox:
>> Right up there with using non-standard pipe symbols for your quoting
>> character, perhaps?

Cameron Simpson:
They don't make things not work. I just find them easier on the eyes
than the jagged > chars.

They're not recognised as quote markers by a variety of clients, and
mails that are a combination of | and > markers are a right pig's
breakfast to read through.  It's much easier if all the quotes are the
same, usual > symbol that's been used for something over 20 years.

>> But come on, now... You gotta admit that his idea for an email address is very
>> clever, even if you don't agree with his method.

> Now I just think it's weird and pointless. Perhaps there's a deeper
> layer of subtlety I haven't yet seen.

Spammers frequently avoid spamming some addresses, using the same words
can mean that they never bother spamming you.

You'd think that they'd have the sense to not spam the various master
addresses (web, post, etc.), because those people are the one's most
likely to set anti-spam filters, yet they carry on spamming the
postmaster et al.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.