On the subject of boot times.

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 21:58:00 UTC 2007

Hello!

I have been looking into the boot times for my HP Pavilion DV9208NR
and the fastest I have achieved is 1 minute 18 seconds.  A full 30
seconds of that is starting redhat nash and udev.

This is on an Athlon 64 X2 1.6 Ghz, so I do not see how someone can be
getting a 20 second boot time from boot prompt to login screen when 30
seconds is spent on the nash and udev stuff.  This is a stock Fedora 7
install with all update including kernel 3228.

I have google around trying to find a way to improve this performance
but I have had no luck.

I am going to disable the quiet option on the kernel command line to
see what is going on in the module department.

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at