Update Failures

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:39:24 UTC 2007

On 19/06/07, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I have recived 2 Updates today and both were supposed to replace
> Volume Control 2.16.1 with an earlier 2.15.0xx but both Updates
> completed but didn't update MY FC6 computer. Thanks for the try and if I
> can do anything to aid in this trying to get back to a useful Alsa Mixer
> just let me know.
>
> The Internet has been off for 6 hours.

Watching several of your quite confusing topics, I think you don't
give enough details.

There has not been any FC6 update of gnome-media since April 30th:
gnome-media-2.16.1-4.fc6

Downgrading to an older version of the package would mean that you
would need to get a package that is not for FC6, because FC6 ships
with gnome-media-2.16.1-2.fc6

In case you want to downgrade to a compatible package from FC5 or
older, please quote your terminal session. "rpm --oldpackage -Uvh
file.rpm" is the right command to do it. Of course, you need to either
disable automatic updates or put gnome-media onto the exclude-list, so
your downgrade is not reverted with an update again.