Fw: Unable to access resume device (LABEL=SWAP-sda6)

Amitakhya Phukan aphukan at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 20 08:04:33 UTC 2007

hi there!

Erik Grootjans wrote:

>> I get after starting Fedora 7 just after
>>
>> Redhat nash version .....
>> Unable to access resume device  (LABEL=SWAP-sda6)
>>
>> The bootprocess is continue-ing. And after turning on a lot of devices
>> [OK -list]
>> I get
>> Turning on SWAP devices     [OK]
>> (turning on devices with use of fstab)
>>
>> Who can tell me whet i have to change to make it right at the first
>> steps of the boot-proces.
>> Swap can than be turned on
>> What do i have to edit - it is not fstab - i tryed that.
>>
>> tnx a lot.
>>
>> Erik

probable you need to rename the label of your swap partition to
SWAP-hda6. you may read the manpage for swapon or just google for it....
I had the same problem in FC6 and I could resolve it using the swapon
command...you might have to do something like swapoff-ing the
parrtition, labelling it and then swapon-ing the partition .... just
google and read the manpage for swapon, you can solve it, hopefully.

regards,
amit.