F7: how to add second hard disk using system-config-lvm

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jun 20 08:26:16 UTC 2007

Yu Yi wrote:
> hi,
> Problem by adding second hard disk using system-config-lvm:
> Master disk:250G
> Slave disk: 40G (newly installed)
> The system can detect both correctly, they are
> Master disk = /dev/sda (Partition 2)
> slave disk = /dev/sdb (Partition 2)
>
> But the newly inserted disk (40G) shows umounted, how can I extend the
> logical
> volume group to include the slave disk?

When you bring up system-config-lvm, /dev/sdb2 should show up in the
"Uninitialized Entities".  Click on "Initialize".  After that is done
/dev/sdb2 should move to "Unallocated Entities".  Then you'll see a choice
to "Add to existing Volume Group".

--
People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them that Benjamin
Franklin said it first.