gstreamer updates

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:54:17 UTC 2007

On 20/06/07, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>     I received the updates but they are too new.

It's a pitty your emails are ripped out of context and are difficult
to understand without a crystal ball. In what way are updates "too
new"? If you see regression in some component, report it at
bugzilla.redhat.com

It doesn't become clear what problems you see in the Volume Control application.

>     I discoverd looking at the Volume Control it says it's a Gstreamer
> product. So I put the FC6 DVD in my system and sure enough there where a
> lot of gstreamer files. I didn't get the devel packages so I wound up
> with 4 rpm packages that are:
>
> gstreamer-0.10.9-2.i386.rpm
>
> gstreamer-plugins-good-0.10.4-1fc6
>
> gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10.9-4
>
> gstreamer-tools-0.10.9-2
>
>     I checked and there were these packages already in my system but
> they were of a newer version. So I deleted the ones in my computer and
> then installed these older ones.

If you insist on downgrading packages, learn how to make proper use of
the --oldpackage option to "rpm -Uvh ..." so you don't need to
forcefully delete any packages.

> I clicked on Volume Control and to my pleasure saw there is now a
> Playback and Capture tab and the Mike is back in Capture as it should be.

Why? What mixer device in the Volume Control application have you
enabled? See menu "File > Change Device".