slow bootup ("invalid PBLK length [5]" on ASUS m/b)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 20 10:19:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 14:05 -0700, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> * first problem appears right after "Uncompressing Linux... OK,
> booting the kernel." message:
> ACPI: Invalid PBLK length [5]

I see that on two or three computers, that otherwise work without any
problems.  So I don't think it, by itself, is your problem.  For what
it's worth, this issue started several kernels ago.  Some, quite old by
now, kernels didn't show that error on the same hardware.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.