Brief diary of an F-7 installation

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 20 10:55:27 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy:
>>> Bill Gates gives me more choices than Anaconda.

A different Tim:
>> What?!  Show me a Windows installation that comes with more than you
>> get with Linux.

Chris:
> While I agree with you on the fact that Gates (WindowsOS) offers very
> little in the way of a backup program - I think what the Op really
> meant was ... Windows Software in general.

The mistake over Amanda aside, much of the software for Windows is not
made by Microsoft.  And while the same applies for Linux (it's mostly
third-party), it's still not right that Bill gives you more choices than
Anaconda.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.