Any progress on installing FC7 on a SATA system?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jun 20 13:12:33 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

> I think the difference between FC6 and F7 loading might trace to the F7
> bug that calls /dev/hdb5 /dev/sdb5. I prefer my IDE drives to be be
> called IDE not scuzzi. It makes it hard to use the normal tools.

As I'm sure you know, this is a feature not a bug!

I think one can avoid any problems by labeling all partitions,
and using the labels in fstab and grub.conf .
This works fine in FC6, so can be tested before upgrading.

I agree that the labeling requirement should be stated loudly and clearly.
The upgrade instructions in the installation document
don't even mention it, IIRC.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366