tons of spam

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Wed Jun 20 16:23:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 09:01 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 17:18 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 04:33:00PM -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > I find your news frustrating. Evolution has been around through several
> > > versions. F7 was supposed to contain the latest updates to things. So to
> > > have the answer of how to make evolution work with spam is to get the
> > > version fro m Rawhide does not sit well with me. Why is it not in FC7?
> >
> > A release has the latest versions of things *that all work together*, *at a
> > certain point in time*.
> >
> > It may come out as an update, but if it's a) disruptive or b) lots of work
> > for minimal gain, it *shouldn't*.
> I would accept your explanation if the OP did not say he just installed
> the appropriate rpms from Rawhide into F7 and it worked.
> It is about time that hte spam removal of evolution just worked.

I installed the Rawhide version a few days back.  When I started it, I
got a pop-up that said it was beta and not feature complete, and thanks
for being a guinea pig.  I was having trouble getting it to run my
filters, so I went back to the production version.  It does run fine,
otherwise, AFAICT.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences