Is It possibel to have xawtv on Fedora 7 ?

Carlos M. Gutierrez carlos at gutierrez.com
Wed Jun 20 18:54:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Thomas TS wrote:

> Greetings...
>
> I am trying to install xawtv (http://linux.bytesex.org/xawtv/) on Fedora 7
> with:
>
>   # yum install xawtv
>
> but it seems that this package do not exist on any of the default
> repositories...

It it is not in fedora, fedora-updates, nor livna.

I downloaded source and tried to compile xawtv-3.95 in F-7 last night and
the compile bombed... missing symbols from libraries that were not
installed... I solved those first few errors with:

yum install zvbi zbvi-devel libfs libfs-devel

And tried to configure and recompile again, but I had to sleep and stopped at:

[carlos at pollux xawtv-3.95]$ nice make
   CC      x11/vbi-gui.o
In file included from x11/vbi-gui.c:47:
./common/channel.h:93: error: array type has incomplete element type
./common/channel.h:94: error: array type has incomplete element type
x11/vbi-gui.c: In function ‘selection_convert_cb’:
x11/vbi-gui.c:782: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
x11/vbi-gui.c:784: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘vbi_export_txt’ differ in signedness
x11/vbi-gui.c:793: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
x11/vbi-gui.c:795: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘vbi_export_txt’ differ in signedness
x11/vbi-gui.c: In function ‘vbi_xft_font_menu’:
x11/vbi-gui.c:1003: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘FcNameParse’ differ in signedness
x11/vbi-gui.c:1012: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
make: *** [x11/vbi-gui.o] Error 1