Is It possibel to have xawtv on Fedora 7 ?

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Wed Jun 20 23:51:22 UTC 2007

Mark Haney wrote:

> The SPEC files and tarballs need to be in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD (I think) in order to build properly.  You might
> get away with having it in other locations, but I like following the
> normal conventions for that.

Tbh Mark, assuming you're using root to build in those locations, it's
very easy for a badly written SPEC or even simply a mistake in the SPEC,
to dump files on your system during the build process causing all sorts
of havoc. Building as an ordinary user is very simple. Install
rpmdevtools from the repo and simply run 'fedora-buildrpmtree' as the
user you wish to use and it'll create the structure needed under the
directory rpmbuild in your homespace. You can then build rpms as the
ordinary user and even rpm -ivh src rpms.

--
Ian Chapman.