F7 Silly question about system-config-samba

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Jun 21 03:33:47 UTC 2007

antonio montagnani wrote:

> tnx for quick answer...now the question is:
> 1) why nothing is changed in my samba.conf file if I write workgroup
> in that line?
> 2) why I see the shared directory from a Windows machine where
> workgroup is the name of workgroup???

I probably missed something in this thread. It is about using the
system-config-samba GUI interface, right?

Under preferences there are two options, one if for setting the
workgroup and the other is to set the allowed users.

If you choose preferences/server settings you can set the server name
and the workgroup that you want for it to refer to.

Under the preferences/Samba users option you have the ability to create
users allowed for samba, their permissions and the ability to create an
alias for the share that is different than the setting for the actual
user designated as the allowed entity.

Jim