F7 Xen - managing domains with virsh

Thomas Antony thomas at antony.eu
Thu Jun 21 12:16:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have setup 2 Xen HVM domains with virt-manager and want to manage
those with virsh where i have a few questions about it.

Virt-manager creates a directory where the name is the uuid of the new
created domain belows /var/lib/xend/domains and creates the
configuration file config.sxp. Is this true?
What is a .sxp file and where is the documentation for the syntax? Are
the .sxp files the result from the xml file?
Does xen or xendomains read the sxp files?
Where is the initial .xml file created from virt-manager?
Is a xml file the only way to create a knew domain with virsh?
Is the uuid value a requirement and if yes which guideline must i follow
and how do i create one?
Is it possible to define a iso file as a cdrom (or burner)?
Will be a domain be shown in virt-manager and virsh if i create one with xm?
I have two physical network cards in the server. Why i can't only choose
eth0 with virt-manager?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions!
Thomas Antony