OT: Apt-get vs YUM?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 21 18:12:48 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:

[ I Wrote ]

>> > I think when people say things like this
>> > they should at least state what argument they gave to google,
>> > or what FC6 archives they are talking about.
>> >
>> > If you cannot give reasonably precise information,
>> > it is better to give none.
>> >

> The subject has been covered after every Fedora release. Here are just
> two threads:

Ok, I read both of those threads, and neither of them
addressed my question as asked.

My question is not, as you seem to think

"Which is better for me, apt-get or yum?"

My question is

"What are the considerations (advantages/disadvantages of each package)
which enter into such a judgement?"

Neither of those threads addressed the question I asked. Each of them
mentioned that such considerations exist, neither detailled what
they might be.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.