SPAM EXAMPLE *****Fw: No Pumps! No Surgery! No Exercises! olaf****

Chris Wright linux-list at cwic-solutions.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 20:23:09 UTC 2007

Mark Haney wrote:
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> THIS IS JUST PROOF OF CONCEPT!!!
>> Sorry for forwarding this crap to list.  But this is proof that it does come in!
>>

> How is this proof of concept?  That you get spam?  WE all do, that's
> nothing.  I see no evidence that this came from the list or anything
> else of the sort.

I don't think he was claiming it came 'from' the list.
More that the email address he has used on the list has been harvested
from the list (probably some archive somewhere), and that his address is
now on some spammers list.

Most of us know this is common practice and will happen to any address
you use in public accessible space.

Regards

Chris