Screensaver disabled, screen still blanks

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 21:31:18 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Eric <spamsink at scoot.netis.com>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:31:39 PM
Subject: Re: Screensaver disabled, screen still blanks

At 03:47 PM 6/21/2007, alan wrote:

 >> Preferences->More Preferences->Power Management

Good afternoon, Alan.

I don't have anything like that, either in KDE or Gnome, in FC5 or F7.

In F7 the closest thing I have is:

Settings->Power Control->Laptop Battery

... which just seems to apply if I'm running a laptop (I'm not), and anyway
there isn't anything there that does power control.  I click on the "Power
Control" tab and I get: "Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI
installation,  ACPI was probably enabled, but some of the sub-options were
not - you need to enable at least 'AC Adapter' and 'Control Method Battery'
and then rebuild your kernel.".

I'm running the stock 2.6.21-.3228.fc7 kernel.

In FC5 / KDE I can find nothing at all that looks like it has anything to
do with power control (this is also on a desktop machine, not laptop, with
kernel 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5).

If you have Preferences->More Preferences->Power Management on yours, could
you please right click on it and let me know what application it calls up
(presumably in /sbin or /usr/sbin)?  Then I can try calling it up from the
command line (if I have it).

You can see it in several ways.  On FC7 default (GNOME)

System -> Preferences -> System -> Power Management
and
System -> Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Screensaver -> Power management

On KDE you can right Click on the desktop or go to Control Panel and configure Display from there, either Enable Power Mangement or uncheking it and the Screensaver as well.

Regards,

Antonio