have you tried Democracy Player?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jun 21 23:56:10 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 20 June 2007, Benton Middleton wrote:
>Timothy Murphy <tim <at> birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie> writes:
>> Amadeus W.M. wrote:
>> > If you stay on this list long enough, you will see the multimedia
>> > question is being asked about every 1-2 weeks, I'd say. So anyone who's
>> > been on the list for 2 weeks or more knows about vlc. And about mplayer/
>> > mencoder, xine, ffmpeg, transcode, acirdip, streamdvd/streamanalyze,
>> > k9copy, dvdauthor, dvdstyler, vobcopy, etc. Did I leave out anything?
>> > Admittedly, the stuff beyond xine is geek stuff, but it's still well
>> > known.
>>
>> If you are so smart, tell us how to get rid of totem.

>There is a NEW open-source player online at http://www.getdemocracy.com
> called Democracy Player. They are GPL, open source & source code
> downloadable. They also have pre-compiled versions for Windows, Mac X, &
> Linux Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva and others in development. They also have
> "BroadCast Machine" for broadcasting ALL formats of video from yur website,
> but it is currently unavailable as it is being totally re-written.
>According to their site, installing the player on your system is as easy as
>typing "Yum Install DEmocracy", this for Fedora 6 & 7. Check 'em out!
>                                             - - Benton Middleton, @ The
>IpowerNetworK

Oh it worked ok for most of the stuff I fed it. but it locks the system up in
dependency hell, so I finally nuked it.  Also, for those of us configure
challenged, it would have been nice to have some sort of a tutorial on how to
make ff etc use it as the default player.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Mal: "I got stabbed! Right here!"

Inara: "You also lined up exciting new crime."
				--Episode #4, "Shindig"