Screensaver disabled, screen still blanks

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Fri Jun 22 01:33:29 UTC 2007

At 05:44 PM 6/21/2007, Nigel Henry wrote:

<NH>>>>>I don't know if this is any help, but DPMS (display power
management signalling) may be the problem. On FC5, commenting out the line
"Options  "DPMS" in the monitor section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf, resolved the
problem,<<<<<

Good evening, Nigel.

Yes, that did the trick for FC5, thanks.  One down and one to go.  :-)

On F7 there is no Options DPMS line in xorg.conf, so nothing to comment out.

<NH>>>>>Commenting out that line in FC6 did not work, and  neither in
Debian Lenny after some X updates. I use KDE, and have put a simple script
in ~/.kde/autostart on Debian Lenny. This runs xset -dpms, which disables
DPMS when you login, see below.<<<<<

Do I just put a script in there and name it anything I want, or do I need
to give it a specific name?

I put one in there for F7 called noblank, made it executable by everybody,
so I'll see what happens.