Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 19:25:21 UTC 2007

On Friday 22 June 2007 8:02:50 pm bdk at unb.ca wrote:
> Some of the systems I need to upgrade from FC 5/6 to Fedora 7 do not have
> a DVD drive. In the past there was a set of 4 or 5 CDs that one used to
> upgrade. Do these ISO images still exist for Fedora 7?  I see a KDE and
> Gnome(?) live ISOs but no full distribution.
>
> If so where are they?
>
> If not how does one go from FC5/6 to Fedora 7 without a DVD drive?

The live CDs are also installable. Just stick it in, boot to it. If it comes
up OK you will find a "install to harddrive" icon on the desktop. Just run
this.

It runs anaconda so you should have the full range of upgrade/install options
as a normal install (not 100% sure on this though, when I did it I did a
fresh install and didn't look to see if there was an upgrade option ?)

As there is only one CD there is of course a reduced set of packages
available - But assuming your system has network they are all but a yum
install away, so no big deal.

If you are trying to install to a box with no network or DVD drive, well you
might have problems and have to try some of the clever work arounds suggested
on this list...

Chris