OT: Apt-get vs YUM?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jun 22 20:00:42 UTC 2007

Matej Cepl <mcepl <at> redhat.com> writes:
> I heard that it is brutally unstable and even my colleague (the author of
> adept for Ubuntu) was not suggesting it because of hard coredumps it
> allegedly produces.

This old version:
http://repo.calcforge.org/temp/aptitude-0.3.3-1.src.rpm
originally from:
http://www.haxxed.com/rpms/aptitude-0.3.3-1.src.rpm (no longer up)
wasn't that broken when I tried it (on my old laptop on which Synaptic is
painfully slow; I now use command-line apt-get).

But of course, I don't make any guarantees. I don't even know if it still
compiles, I last tested this in July 2006. And I think it did crash on certain
occasions.

        Kevin Kofler