Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Jun 22 22:40:24 UTC 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:22:42 -0400
Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net> wrote:

> > If not how does one go from FC5/6 to Fedora 7 without a DVD drive?
>
> Simplest way is to put the DVD iso image on a hard disk partition

Oh, and I forgot the most insane way of all to install: A guy
at work tried it for a system that doesn't have BIOS support for USB
booting, but has a USB DVD drive.

He booted off the knoppix live CD (which has USB support), plugged in
the USB DVD drive, put in the DVD he wanted to install from, then
ran kexec under knoppix to boot up the /isolinux vmlinuz and
initrd.img files, so he didn't even need to fool with grub.

It actually worked, so now we have an easy way to install on all
the old boxes at work with no USB support in the BIOS by just
carrying around the USB DVD drive.

(Does the fedora live CD have kexec and USB drivers? I haven't looked,
might work with fedora live CD instead of knoppix).