Formatting CDs

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 22:43:28 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:

>>   The modern replacement is the USB flash drives that you are starting
>> to see along with gum and mints at the grocery store checkout in gig+ sizes.
>
> I just sent in my claim form yesterday for a free 256mb flash drive from
> Staples for purchasing two boxes of Avery labels.
>
> It would be nice to get it -- I don't have a flash drive at the moment.

They are very handy - along with the external drives built around laptop
hard drives that go up to 160 gigs in a very small package.  The catch
is that you'll need 2 to do the whole install or upgrade job.  You can
use a small one to boot, but copying the boot image is going to wipe out
anything else on it.  Then you need one large enough to hold the dvd
image (as a normal file) so you can select a hard disk install and
access it.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com