Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sat Jun 23 07:30:09 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> What happened in the past for the mirrors that had CD ISOs but no
> DVD ISOs?  I'd never heard of someone saying that was hard to deal
> with.

I'm not saying I've heard that either as I don't deal with the mirror
admins. :)  But it is more overhead to keep track of for sure.  And
there were a lot of other changes in the release process this time due
to the merger of core and extras.  All that left the fine folks that
do the work with a lot on their plates.

>> There are numerous ways for people to install without a DVD drive.
>> I don't understand why it's such a big deal that there isn't a set
>> of CDs that someone can fiddle with at install time.  If there are
>> that many people that think it's important, it seems like more
>> folks would have created and helped host them.
>
> I think anyone who says that isn't considering that you need to
> provide options for different people.

I don't disagree at all that options are needed.  I think there are
many methods for people to use to install Fedora: network booting via
the provided PXE images; the small boot.iso; the rescue cd; the live
cd; the dvd; using USB to boot one of the images; etc.

The one option that isn't there is the install from a set of 5 CDs.
Perhaps better documentation is needed so that people know what
options they have so that they can choose one that works in their
environment.  But I don't think there are very many (if any) people
that are simply hosed without that 5 CD set of isos.

Suppose I were a member of Congress, and suppose I were an idiot. But,
I repeat myself.
    -- Mark Twain