Livna nVidia problems...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 23 14:28:57 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> Grr, sods!  Some might think that not an issue, since you don't change
>> graphic cards that much, usually.  But you may if you test people's
>> machines.  And the same issue bites you if you try to go back to the
>> open source nv driver to get around something you can't get to work with
>> the nvidia driver (I experienced that, myself).

Lonni J Friedman:
> nvidia-installer --uninstall
> puts everything back where it was prior to installing the nvidia
> driver.  This is documented.

We *should* be able to just configure X with the driver to use at that
time, we should't have to uninstall something to use a different driver.
And what happens to someone with two graphics cards that they want to
use simultaneously?

--
(This box runs FC7, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & CentOS 5.0, in
 case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.