Livna nVidia problems...

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 23 15:16:27 UTC 2007

> I wouldn't know unless you post the X logs from each driver.  My best
> guess is that the nv driver just falls back to different defaults than
> the nvidia driver.

The logs are now here

http://www.hep.phy.cam.ac.uk/~jonesc/Xorg.log.nv
http://www.hep.phy.cam.ac.uk/~jonesc/Xorg.log.nvidia

for the nv and nvidia drivers respectively.

I'm no expert, so will defer to your expert opinion, but it seems to me that
nv correctly identifies my monitor,

(II) NV(0): Monitor name: HM903D/DT

( which is a vision master pro 454, 19in)

and goes on to list the correct modes. 1600x1200, which is the mode I want is
properly found and configured to run at 85Hz.

On the contary, the nvidia driver does no seem to do so well.
and seems to decide my screen is only 800x600 and that most modes are out of
freq range.

cheers Chris