Livna nVidia problems...

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 23 16:00:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

> Those logs don't appear to have been generated under the same
> conditions.  You've got a verbose 'nv' driver log, and a non-verbose
> nvidia driver log.

Not intentional. All I did was update xorg.conf to switch back from the nvidia
driver to the nv one (and comment out the lines explicity setting the
vert/hori freqs).

> Right.  If you'd like further assistance, please start X with the
> following command (for the nvidia driver):
> startx -- -logverbose 6
>
> and then generate and provide an nvidia-bug-report.log.

Available here

http://www.hep.phy.cam.ac.uk/~jonesc/nvidia-bug-report.log

Note  I'm quite happy just setting the freqs. by hand in my xorg.conf file, so
no real problem here,  but it would be interesting to know for sure where the
error lies.

cheers Chris