Adobe Acrobat

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jun 24 21:00:08 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 6/24/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> from the

>> thought I

>> ftp://ftp.uib.no/pub/Linux/uib/fedora/5/i386/AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1.i386.rpm

>> you would
>> "acroread
>> and gave a

>> runs just fine

>> Try and
>> start it from

>> >     What was wrong with the Don't work message? I got yours saying
>> don't
>> > send those, and the next message was from Frank with the web page
>> where
>> > I got the info to mofify the code and I do know how to do that. But
>> it's
>> > odd you need to re-write code to get it to run on FC6.
>> >     Anyhow I know have it running. So the don't work message worked.
>> >
>> > Karl
>>
>> Your vague message caused seven (7) other unnecessary messages to be
>> posted on this list. You got help this time. Keep it up and some on
>> this list may filter you out.
>>

> FYI for other FC6 users:
>
> It appears that AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1.i386.rpm does not or fails to
> install the browser plugin. I had to run
> /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/install_browser_plugin as root, use the
> manual install option, and install to /usr/lib/mozilla.

    I do not have this problem you show about the browser plugin. I had
to fire up a root editor and make 2 changes in the code. Now it comes up
automatically if I double click a pdf file on the Desktop. What your
showing is not a problem. Maybe if you use the tar ball but anyone with
any sense will use the rpm which loads without a single word.

Karl