Laser printers hints

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 21:35:31 UTC 2007

antonio montagnani <antonio.montagnani <at> gmail.com> writes:
[...]
> I installed driver from Fedora standard driver database for ML-1610 in
> system-printer-config.
[...]

How is system-printer-config installed, please? googling on
"system-printer-config" doesn't bring up anything I'm seeing as to how to
install that command.

I'm getting:

[root at localhost ~]#
[root at localhost ~]#
[root at localhost ~]# yum -y install splix
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
livna                     100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00
macromedia                100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
core                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
updates                   100% |=========================| 1.2 kB    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do
[root at localhost ~]# system-printer-config
-bash: system-printer-config: command not found
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at localhost ~]#
[root at localhost ~]#
[root at localhost ~]#
[root at localhost ~]# system printer-config
-bash: system: command not found
[root at localhost ~]#
[root at localhost ~]#
[root at localhost ~]# system-printer-config
-bash: system-printer-config: command not found
[root at localhost ~]#
[root at localhost ~]# date
Sun Jun 24 22:31:30 BST 2007
[root at localhost ~]#