Bluetooth support

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Jun 25 12:00:02 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

> Hi and I have a Bluetooth device I wear in my ear and it talks to my
> Cell Phone with no setup required. It's a LG cell phone and Motorola
> Bluetooth but they work fine. I checked on this FC6 and it has at
> System->preferances->More preferances a tag says Bluetooth but it is
> nothing but a panel asking what it should do if it hears a transmitter.
> Nothing poped up when I turned on my thing so I think it's not working.

I'm not sure of the GUI interface,
but what happens if you say "hciconfig -a" and "hcitool scan"?
I get:
---------------------------
[tim at elizabeth ~]$ hciconfig -a
hci0:   Type: USB
        BD Address: 00:15:83:BF:45:E8 ACL MTU: 384:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
        Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

[tim at elizabeth ~]$ hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:0F:DE:7B:1D:B5       eulalie
"eulalie" is my Sony-Ericsson T630.
I'm using a very cheap (10 euro) USB Bluetooth dongle I bought at Aldi.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366