Bluetooth support

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 12:34:36 UTC 2007

Today Ed Greshko did spake thusly:

> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> Hi and I have a Bluetooth device I wear in my ear and it talks to my
>> Cell Phone with no setup required. It's a LG cell phone and Motorola
>> Bluetooth but they work fine. I checked on this FC6 and it has at
>> System->preferances->More preferances a tag says Bluetooth but it is
>> nothing but a panel asking what it should do if it hears a transmitter.
>> Nothing poped up when I turned on my thing so I think it's not working.
>
> Let's ask a very basic question.
>
> What are you expecting to happen?  What is the goal?  Without knowing the
> goal, and without knowing what "thing" you are turning on it would seem hard
> to determine what, if anything is wrong.  It may well be not working....but
> what should it be doing....or what do you think it should be doing?
>
> Usually, when I turn on my "thing" it works pretty good and all concerned
> are satisfied....or at least they say they are.

There's 2 classes of bluetooth devices, bluetooth audio wireless devices
(hands free kits) are the latter class, which not all bluetooth dongles,
etc support. Plus, for bluetooth to work in fedora you need the
appropriate PC hardware

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

Give me a fish and I will eat today.

Teach me to fish and I will eat forever.