Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 25 15:12:58 UTC 2007

Jeroen van Meeuwen:
>>> Give me one example of how they can make my life difficult.
>>>
>>> Have fun ;-)

Tim:
>> Kereboros, NTLM, Exchange, non-MIME or broken MIME e-mail, any number of
>> non-standard file formats, pressganging media suppliers into only using
>> DRM media...

Jeroen van Meeuwen:
> Please specify how these things should make my life any more difficult.

You're trolling, aren't you?  You want me to come up with an example
that's specific to you, alone.  I'm not going to play that game.

I gave general answers.

e.g. How Microsoft have taken something that works (like Kereboros),
broken it to suit themselves, and then made life difficult for others
(those who need it to work in the manner it was designed to work in).

e.g. Microsoft servers on a network that only allows NTLM
authentication, so all other clients are *forced* to be Microsoft ones,
or they just can't network.

And so on, and so forth...

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.