Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Jun 25 15:38:34 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen:

> Tim:
>>> Kereboros, NTLM, Exchange, non-MIME or broken MIME e-mail, any number of
>>> non-standard file formats, pressganging media suppliers into only using
>>> DRM media...
>

> Jeroen van Meeuwen:
>> Please specify how these things should make my life any more difficult.
>
> You're trolling, aren't you?  You want me to come up with an example
> that's specific to you, alone.  I'm not going to play that game.

I'm not, I'm seriously asking you how you think any conglomerate would
be able to sue me, or you, or make our lives difficult (IRL). As far as
technical is concerned, they can barely bring us back to the early 90's
from an infrastructural point of view by bringing down distributors (and
thus infrastructure?), but not the technical advancements we've made
since then. And that is the worst case scenario, in which they litigate
like numerous years and win in court and software patents being enforced
in Europe and Asia and no-one in the other court's bench being left
behind alive.

They're simply never gonna be able to really take away, from anyone,
that what is owned by everyone. In a very vague and unlikely future,
they may barely be able to make it just a little harder for us.

What are they gonna do, sue all of us?

> I gave general answers.

And I know what you mean as I'm certified by these bastards but my point
was directed at how they're gonna stop you, or me, from doing whatever
it is we do, in a world that consists of code floating everywhere owned
by everyone. It's not their derivative Kerberos, nor NTLM, nor Exchange,
nor (...) that is going to stop us from doing whatever we do, right?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip