problems upgrading from FC6 to F7

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 25 15:46:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 11:04 -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Looking at /etc/fstab will tell you whether or not you have labels
> and/or are using them to mount your partitions.

Not conclusively for all situations...  You can have an fstab file that
doens't mention labels, yet the drives have them (they're just not being
made use of).  Of course, if your fstab is mounting partitions by
labels, then you do have them.  e2label is another command that you can
use to read and write labels (for ext2 and ext3 partitions).

I'd always check with a tool for reading them before making assumptions
about them.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.