Bluetooth support

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Jun 25 19:03:41 UTC 2007

Konstantin Svist wrote:

> I'm pretty sure we're talking about the wireless devices, not dongles.
> My bluetooth dongle (actuall built into my laptop) is recognized
> perfectly well and works so far (transferring files to/from my cell phone).
>
> Let's concentrate on a single one for now: bluetooth headphones (though
> I'm sure there are lots more devices that can be improved). Another
> closely related device is a bluetooth headset (headphone & microphone -
> the BT device you would use with your cell phone)
> It's easy to connect the headphones to FC6, but nothing happens after
> that. I'd like to be able to actually hear music through them.

From what I have read, I don't remember the op telling us if he has
bluetooth built into his, machine, is using a dongle, or is trying
to use bluetooth without any bluetooth device on the computer end.
Unfortunately, having the bluetooth configuration software on the
system is not an indication that you have bluetooth hardware on the
computer. It might be a good idea to make sure there is supported
hardware on the computer end as a first step.

Mikkel