smolt stale profiles

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:49:37 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath <mmcgrath <at> redhat.com> writes:

> http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/delete?UUID=YOURUUID   Unfortunately we
> can't use the hardware UUID of your system for privacy issues, so
> whenever a fresh install happens, the old profile will remain.

Thanks Mike - that is what I was afraid you might say - if the majority of people
do not bother to remove old profiles after installing new versions of Fedora then
over a period more and more old, but no longer relevant, profiles will build up
and therefore the statistics will contain a smaller and smaller fraction of
live machines in its database.  It is therefore important to remove such old
profiles in order to keep the statistics synced to real machines?

Mike