New k3b-1.0 problem

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jun 25 20:48:43 UTC 2007

Greetings all;

I've downloaded an archive of stuff for a legacy computer, which is in the
form of dvd sized .rar files.

The author of the collection is/was distributing it on dvd's for a nominal fee
to cover the cost of the disks, or it was downloadable from his web page.

The first of these files is 4,635,746,513 bytes long, so it would be a tight
fit on a dvd.  k3b says the disk in the drive is 4.4GB, and krusader says the
file is 4.3GB so at least those two are using the same base 1024 numbering
system for a kilobyte.

So it should fit but it appears k3b is rejecting anything over 4.0GB as the
size varies, rejecting a smaller 4.1GB file, but accepting a 3.8GB file.

This doesn't sound terribly kosher to me since the author of the collection
obviously has the tools to burn even the 4635746513 (decimal) byte file to a
dvd.

So what's the recommended procedure to do this?  Or do I file a bugzilla, take
a tater & wait?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene