unwanted logging off problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 26 05:40:06 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 08:18 -0700, Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> One of my boxes running FC6 and gnome automatically logs off its single
> user after a period of inactivity.  Is there some parameter somewhere
> controlling this?  If the origin isn't this obvious then what is the
> system log I should be looking at for clues as to what's happening?

This is a FAQ.  Two common answers are:

1. You're not being logged off (everything that was running is still
running), the terminal is just locked, and entering the password at the
prompt unlocks it.

2. That one of the screensavers is crashing X.  Change your preferences
to not use the last one, or not pick random ones.

If that doesn't resolve it, write back to the list.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.