eog crashes -> binary with debuginfo

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 10:46:49 UTC 2007

Boris Glawe wrote:

>>> What do I have to do with this debuginfo package??
>>>
>>> Here is the listing of the package's content:
>>>
>>> # rpm -ql eog-debuginfo
>>> /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/eog.debug

>> This one contains the debugging information and refers to the other
>> files.
>>

> Ok, and how do I convince gnome's bugreport wizard to show me the
> debugging symbols? It still says "not debugging symbols found"!?
>
> greets Boris

It is probable that the debugging information is needed for a library
which eog depends upon. Check the file reference where no debugging info
is found and locate which package provides that file. Then install the
debuginfo package for that rpm. Then you should see the debug symbols in
the output.

Jim

--
It's reassuring to know that if you behave strangely enough, society
will take full responsibility for you.