Laptop caution: FC7, you can either have wireless networking or suspend. Maybe not both, for a while

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:20:14 UTC 2007

Paul,

You have my sympathies. I too have had massive problems with the
iwl3945 driver. It really is unstable and not ready for production
use. The issues you refer to regarding ipw3945 and suspend are easily
solved by stopping the regulatory daemon and removing the kernel
module prior to suspend. You also need to blacklist the iwl3945 module
if you are using the ipw3945 module.

An easy way to get all of this to work is to use the dkms-ipw3945
package shipped by FreshRPMs - that takes care of the suspend issues
for you. All that you have to do is add a line
reading

blacklist iwl3945

to /etc/modprobe.conf.d/blacklist

And you're set.

HTH

Jonathan

ps. Feel free to file bug reports about iwl3945!