FC LDAP server

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Jun 26 23:02:28 UTC 2007

Chris wrote:

> Understood - however, from what I have been seeing, the items that
> FC-DS has is to syn passwords.

I was under the impression that it did more, but as previously stated, I
don't know.  The documentation isn't great, so I suggest that you
subscribe to the Fedora DS list, and ask a direct question about what
you're trying to accomplish.

> What I'm trying to find out (and so far
> with very little luck) that its near impossible to have a one sided
> replication (AD to FC-DS).
>
> *Sigh* the search continues...

There are other options.  Novel has a product ("Identity Manager", I
believe), which can replicate the data from AD to Fedora DS.

Sun also has a caching LDAP proxy server which is available at no cost
which may accomplish what you want.  What you won't get from it is
authentication, I believe.  AD uses Kerberos for auth, and I don't
expect the proxy server to cache that.  For that matter, I don't even
know whether or not AD supports simple binds. ;)