mount: could not find any free loop device

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Tue Jun 26 23:35:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 01:19:17AM +0200, Andras Simon wrote:
>  On 6/27/07, Luciano Rocha <strange at nsk.no-ip.org> wrote:
>

> > Do you use kvm? The setup scripts could be buggy and forgetting to
> > remove the device.
>
>  I do, but it seems it's got nothing to do with this,
>  man mount says "any loop device allocated by mount will be freed by
>  umount" but apparently this is not the case.

No, because kvm doesn't mount the device. It just sets the loop device
and uses it internally. The scripts for stopping/destroying a guest
should take care of removing the association, but they're not. As I
said, it's probably a bug, and I suggest you search/add it to bugzilla
for the GUI or application you use to control it.

--
lfr
0/0