thunderbird 2.0.0.4 lost messages

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 00:14:46 UTC 2007

on 06/26/2007 02:55 PM Konstantin Svist wrote:
> Thomas Springer wrote:
>> oleksandr korneta schrieb:
>>> just want to let you know that I just tried to move the bunch of mail
>>> messages (by drug'n'drop) from one mailbox to another and it disappeared
>>> honest, I just lost all my mail for the last 3 years from that
>>> account. I'm pretty much sure there is no way to restore it. Thanks
>>> developers
>>>
>> This is a known tb error. Just use google to find infos/help.
>> I restored my mail, through the "Rebuild Index" Option in folders
>> Properties dialog.
>>

> Rebuilding the index only works if you don't compact the folders. Sounds
> like oleksandr compacted them right away.

that's right. I'm using drug'n'drop on a regular basis and I never saw
this happening before. Therefore I said "OK". I checked the sizes of the
mailbox files - 0kb. My mail is gone.

> Personally, I use a global inbox with a set of filters, to receive my
> messages for my 7 accounts (including webmail - though none are IMAP).
> Works perfectly well...

sounds like a good idea, though I'm not used to manage the mail in such
a way.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running FC6 on i386 and x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./